Music Event Photo Tips
MUSIC EVENT PHOTO TIPS
Here are five tips for great pictures at music events:
5. Give warm-ups the cold shoulder. It’s good form not to take photos of guitar players tuning up or drum students setting up the kit.
4. Consider lighting. Wait til the house lights come up. It’s ok to ask for a posed photo after the performance.
3. Watch for background bombs. Backgrounds should be clear and static. Change your position, if necessary. Sometimes the best shots of vocalists is when they’re not singing.
2. Group shots? Take short video clips then capture the best frame using Snipping Tool.
1. Get up close for their close-up. Background and scenery are over-rated. Zoom to feature the subjects’ faces.