Health Action Plan for Private Music Lessons
Dear Students and Families,
Here’s our Action Plan for private lessons, in view of the current public health situation:
- We’re increasing the frequency of high-touch area cleaning, including piano keys and water coolers.
- We will initiate courtesy calls to confirm student lesson times, when possible.
- The custom of lending accessories to students will be replaced with sales. Guitar picks and drumsticks, as examples, will be available for purchase. Students are encouraged to bring their own pencils.
- Lessons Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 20 (part of ReScheduling Week) may be scheduled as 60 minute lessons.
- Lesson rooms will be assigned to create social distancing, when possible.
- Once per year, students may reschedule a lesson due to personal illness with two hours’ notice. Otherwise, reschedulings are to be made before 9:00 the night before a lesson. Our Studio Policies are attached for your reference.
- Rescinding a request for a lesson during the March 16 – 21 ReScheduling Week (provided the studio is advised by 9:00 the night before the lesson) will not count as one of the three allotted reschedulings for the studio year. The instruction time requested can be resubmitted for the June ReScheduling Week or at another mutually agreeable time.
- There are no band rehearsals until the week of March 30, as per the season schedule.
Parents are encouraged to assess their child’s health in advance of lesson day and remind them to pack their own accessories and pencils, as appropriate.
While the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 (coronovirus) as low for the general population in Canada, we will continue to monitor the situation with the best interests of students, families and staff in mind.
Unless otherwise announced, we are open and on the regular schedule Fri March 13, Sat Mar 14. Mon Mar 16 through Sat Mar 21 is a ReScheduling Week on operates on a distinct schedule. Regular lesson schedule resumes Mon March 23.